Why inject a partial dose of Imitrex?
Partial doses are injected for several reasons:
- Your doctor advises you not to use this medication for cardiovascular reasons.
- If you are under 18 years old or over 65 years old, normally Imitrex, while not being forbidden, is to be avoided
⇒ Ask your doctor, neurologist or cardiologist if you can use doses of 1/3 or 1/2.
- You cannot cope with the side effects or react badly to them.
- You are pregnant and wish to limit the risks although they are not strictly established.
- You simply want to decrease the amount you are taking of this medication, which is also a good idea!
⇒ Try 1/2 doses and, if that works well, try using 1/3 during the next attack.
With partial doses of Imitrex SC, there are usually few, if any, side effects.
The effectiveness of the injection of a partial dose varies among patients. It may not be effective for you.